Grasshopper‘s business phone systems deliver affordable, cloud-based voice, video, messaging, and contact center solutions. And, your team at Abby Connect has worked with 8×8 for over fifteen years. We know that 8×8 phone systems work well with our call handling options and we can easily assist your call forwarding instructions if needed.
In this article, we’d like to take you through the steps you’ll need to take in order to properly forward your business line(s) with Grasshopper. So, without further ado, let’s move FORWARD with Grasshopper, together.
Call Forwarding: Let’s Get Started!
- Turn on Call Forwarding:
Log in to Extensions at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/extensions.
- Click Edit next to an extension (or create a new one if needed).
- Click Add a forwarding number to add your unique forwarding number. If unsure of your forwarding number, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Enter the phone number where callers should be sent when they select that extension. (Abby Connect’s unique forwarding number)
- When prompted to select how calls are announced we recommend you choosing direct connect. This will decrease your number of receptionist minutes used.
- After, you will be prompted to select when you would like to have your calls forwarded. If you would like to set custom times, we recommend confirming with your Customer Success Manager that the receptionists will be answering for those times.
- Click Add this number when finished.
Portal Accounts: If you started using Grasshopper before June 2011, please follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings > Extensions.
- Choose which extension to update.
- Click Call Forwarding in the sidebar and choose to enable forwarding for that extension. When prompted, input your unique forwarding number.
Turn Off Call Forwarding
- Log in to Extensions at https://nuui.us.grasshopper.com/extensions￼￼￼￼
- Click Edit next to an extension.
- Click remove forwarding number next to your Abby Connect unique forwarding number. If unsure of your forwarding number please, contact your Customer Success Manager.