8×8‘s business phone systems deliver affordable, cloud-based voice, video, messaging, and contact center solutions. And, your team at Abby Connect has worked with 8×8 for over fifteen years. We know that 8×8 phone systems work well with our call handling options and we can easily assist your call forwarding instructions if needed.
In this article, we’d like to take you through the steps you’ll need to take in order to properly forward your business line(s) with 8×8. So, without further ado, let’s move FORWARD with 8×8, together.
Call Forwarding: Let’s Get Started!
As you may already know, 8×8 allows you to control your call forwarding settings by logging into your Configuration Manager. For those of you that aren’t sure what this is all about, it simply means that you can be updated remotely from anywhere, and by anyone, you allow access to.
Through the Configuration Manager you can set specific call forwarding rules such as the time/date calls are forwarded, or the number of rings it takes before the call forwards). The configuring user must be an admin to be able to use this option.
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the extension that you wish to edit – main business line.
- Select Call forward rules located on the left-hand side column.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select the rule Name to best describe what it is used. for (e.g., Abby Connect)
- Under When to Apply this Rule, select Anyone.
- Select the time during which you would like to apply this rule.
- Recurring Schedule: This option is most beneficial if you would like to use us for after-hours answering, or if you would like calls to route back to you after our answering hours. Select the day and time range when the rule will be active.
- Under Forward the Calls to select your desired forwarding option.
- Forward Directly To: This is best used to forward calls right away to your Abby Connect receptionists. ii. Select this option, and type your unique forwarding number provided by Abby Connect. If unsure of your assigned number, contact your Abby Connect Customer Success Manager.
- Select Users or External Users This is most optimal if you would like the calls to ring to the phone number you’re forwarding, and then to your Abby Connect receptionists, or if you would like for it to ring both phone numbers at the same time. iii. After selecting the option, input your unique forwarding number provided by Abby Connect. If unsure of your number, contact your Customer Success Manager. Click Add to the List. Enter the number of seconds that the call should ring for before going to your Abby Connect receptionists. Or, select the Simultaneously option to ring both numbers at the same time. Select Forward to a User or Service and type your unique forwarding number. Click Save. Save your ring group.
Turn On Call Forwarding (through an Auto Attendant)
Select this option if you want Abby Connect as one of the options for your auto attendant
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Auto Attendants.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of your Auto Attendant.
- Under Call Handling Menus, select either Weekday, Holiday, or Alternate tabs.
- Click Add Key.
- In the Key manager window, select the desired key from the menu.
- In the Please Select menu, go to Transfer to and select User, service, or external number type your unique forwarding number provided by Abby Connect. If unsure of your number, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Click Save.